Red Giant today released Universe 2.1, an update to its collection of GPU-accelerated plugins for editors and motion graphics artists.
This update features six brand new tools and updates to two existing plugins. The latest Universe plugins enable users to give text a 1980s retro look, add dynamic animations to bring them on and off screen, or apply a fractal-based glowing effect. Red Giant Universe effects have been used on “Saturday Night Live,” “Portlandia,” “Documentary Now,” and “Kung Fury.”
Red Giant Universe offers more than 65 tools that run in Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC, Adobe® After Effects® CC, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Apple Motion, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, HitFilm and Magix Vegas Pro.
Red Giant CEO Chad Bechert:
“Universe continues to be our fastest growing product line and has seen a massive level of adoption since the release of version 2.0. We’ve really enjoyed watching our Universe customers create some amazing things in everything from film to broadcast to YouTube. We’re proud that we’ve been able to get these powerful and affordable tools into the hands of so many talented editors and motion graphics artists, who use them in their work, every day.”
Red Giant Universe adds these new tools in version 2.1:
- AV Club: Mimic the lo-fi, noisy text found on ancient video tapes, old infomercials and local access cable channel shows.
- Luster: The 1980s are back! Give video text the retro treatment with Luster by applying a metal sheen to text – includes a refraction-based bevel for a glassy simulated 3D look.
- Title Motion: Create text and shapes and then instantly add dynamic animations that bring them on and off screen. Great for titles, lower thirds, callouts and more.
- Ecto: Inspired by the timeless film “Ghostbusters” and Netflix cult-hit “Stranger Things,” Ecto allows artists to create haunting, evolving titles with this glowing, fractal-based effect.
- Long Shadow: Apply a colored, long shadow to text, logo or shape, for both classic and modern motion design.
- Glow Fi II: Give text an ethereal moody look by instantly adding silky smooth, self-animating, fractal-based glow effects to titles. A simple UI make it easy to apply evolving, organic glows.
Existing Tools are also refreshed in this version:
- Line: This update adds the ability to add text at the start and endpoint of a line – great for labeling travel departure and arrival points, start and end dates, and other informational details.
- Holomatrix II: Based on effects popularized by the legendary “Star Wars” franchise and major motion picture films like “The Hunger Games,” this tool now includes blurred, chromatic distortions, a new strobe effect and much more.
Red Giant Universe 2.1 Supported Operating Systems
-Mac OS X
Update to Red Giant Universe 2.1
Existing Universe customers can download the new tools directly by launching Red Giant Link.
How to Purchase
Universe is available as an annual subscription ($99/year) or as a monthly subscription ($20/month). New Red Giant Universe customers can purchase a subscription or download a free trial at http://redgiant.com/universe.